It's Official
My first OB appointment of many in the coming months and I've shared it with no one. I think the reality is only just starting to hit me and I've heard the heartbeat and seen the ultrasound. I can hardly contain myself but I want this to be perfect. Dad (who does not yet know he is a dad) has been away for a couple of weeks and I really don't want to do this over the phone. I need to see his reaction in person. I couldn't possibly tell my family before telling the father. How cruel would that be, it's a once in a life time event, and I would have to tell him that he was the last to know. I can't do that. Two more days and he'll be home so now I just need to find the perfect way to let him know. Do I just walk up to him in the airport terminal with a big, "Guess what!!" Should I wait until we get home, sit him on the couch, and calmly break the news? Does Hallmark make a card for such an occasion? Surprise!! You're going to be a father!! Or how about: Do you remember that special night we had together? Well... Congratulations!!



